What Are SEO’s
And Why Are They Important?
Have you heard about how SEO can help drive traffic to your website? Or maybe you want to learn about what SEO is but aren't really sure where to start. No matter where you are in your journey, Stradigi is here to help. We believe that every business needs SEO no matter what. SEO is crucial for any business of any size, age, and category. Especially if you are a small business with a modest budget.
SEO is also known as ‘Search Engine Optimization.’ This is the process of getting online traffic and visibility from free, organic, or natural search results in search engines.
In other words, when people search for products or services related to your business in search engines ( Google, Bing, Yahoo) you show up. Therefore, you need techniques that help your website rank higher in search engine results pages (SERP’s). Ranking higher in SERPS gives you better visibility which enables you to rank higher in search engines. This results in being listed at the top of the search page (minus paid ads, they’re always at the top first), gain more visibility, and attract prospective and existing customers to your business. I mean, who doesn’t want to be number one?
Some benefits of SEO include:
- TARGETS QUALITY TRAFFIC
- Increases organic discovery which results in high website traffic
- Improves credibility and trust
- Provides 24/7 promotions
- Targets the entire marketing funnel
- Can be free or paid, the choice is yours
Types of SEO
Now that we have a brief understanding of what SEO is, let's dissect it a bit further and look into the different types of SEO and the roles that they play in helping each other generate success.- Technical SEO -
- This is the process of completing activities on your site that are designed to increase the ranking of its page in search engines.
- This is essentially anything that is on your website
- Website Creation, Crawling, Indexing, Rendering, Website Architecture, Redirects, Duplicate Content, Canonical Link Elements, Mobile Friendliness, Page Speed, and more.
Technical SEO is needed because it ensures that your website is easy to navigate and is free of any technical issues that prevent it from being understood and ranked by search engines. You could be creating the best content however, if search engines can not properly browse and index your website, your efforts will be wasted.- On-Page SEO (also known as On-site SEO) -
- This refers to the factors and techniques of your website optimization that you can control (as opposed to links elsewhere or other external sites)
- This is also ensuring that the content on your site is relevant and provides a great user experience
- Such as
- Keyword Optimization, URL Optimization, Meta Descriptions, Header Tags, Content Optimization, Cleaning Up Your Sites Codes, Title Tags, Domain Authority (DA), Image Optimization, and more.
On-page SEO is needed because it helps search engines analyze and interpret the content connected to your site . This allows the search engine to identify a search relevant to your business. Resulting in visibility and increased traffic to your site. Since Google regularly updates its algorithm, you need to make sure that you are giving them the best information to attract potential customers.- Off-Page SEO -
- Off-Page SEO is the process of enhancing your websites rankings through things outside of your website.
- These would be
- Social Media Marketing, Guest Blogging, Brand Building, Backlinks, Citation Building, Content Marketing, Podcasts, Reviews, and more.
Off-Page SEO is more of the “behind the scenes” of your website. A great way to think of Off-Page SEO is building your website's domain authority. Without this, your site will struggle to outrank websites with higher authority (your competitors).
Higher authority websites will rank higher because they are considered more relevant, credible, and trustworthy.